As husbands, we can all agree that marriages are under attack. Our own marriage is under attack. The enemy hates marriage, and especially marriages that are really working – really making progress – really glorifying God.
Our marriage is a physical and tangible example/model of Christ and His bride (the church). Whenever our marriage makes headway in doing what it was intended to do – Satan ramps up his assault against us in order to get our eyes off of Christ and onto our mate, or our problems, or anything he can to keep us limping along – bringing glory to no one.
During our marriage seminar last weekend, we discussed several “marriage killers” that the enemy uses to destroy or severely damage our relationship with our wife. See if you recognize any of these. If so – would you share what you do to combat them, or head them off at the pass?
Maybe what you share will help another husband avoid getting caught in Satan’s trap, or lift him out of such a snare right now. What has God taught you about avoiding, or battling these “killers”……….
* “Life’s about me” attitude (expectations, “I deserve it’s”)
* Spiritual apathy (not walking with Christ)
* Physical exhaustion – over-commitment (no face time with wife)
* Boredom / routine (no adventure in your marriage)
* Lack of sexual intimacy
* Lack of a shared vision/mission for your marriage